Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #14 - Under the Bathroom Sink


I'm working on Day #14 of the Getting Organized Challenge over at A Bowl Full of Lemons.  The challenge for today is to clean out under the bathroom sink.  I started the Challenge late and I am still playing catch up but this challenge has made quite a difference in the house.  I have been trying to keep up with all of the clutter created by the kids and it seems like a never ending battle.  Just when you get one area cleaned up they scattered everything again.  Now with the Getting Orgainzed Challenge I am finally finding a space to put everything and finding less clutter around the house every day. 

Today I cleaned out under the master bathroom sink.  I am planning to work on the kid's bathroom sink soon.  The before picture doesn't do this mess justice.  I was able to get rid of a whole trash bag worth of stuff.  As always I am trying to organize without spending anything so I am just using the containers I have.  I just printed out a 20% coupon for BigLots that is good for next week so I am hoping to get over there and check it out.  It has been a while since I have been there.   

Messy Sink Before

No More Clutter


Bathroom Sink After
Do you see the pink bin on the right?  That is the bin that the hospital sent home with us when our daughter came home from the hospital.  She was born at 26 weeks and we used to be able to sit her in the bin like a little bathtub.  It is hard to believe how little she was when she was born.  She was only 2 lbs. 2 oz. and 14 inches long.  She is now 7 years old and such a big girl.
 

No comments: