Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day #9 - Toy Organization = Toughest Challenge Yet!


Day #9 of the Getting Organized Challenge over at A Bowl Full of Lemons is toy organization. This has been the toughest challenge yet. We don't have a toy room and our living room is on the small side so we store most of the toys in the kids' bedrooms. We do have some toy storage on the first floor but it is minimal. I really need to come up with a better system since the kids are always bringing their toys downstairs and then I have to take them back upstairs once there gets to be too many. I started by gathering all of the toys from the downstairs and lugging them upstairs. Then I went through all of my daughter's books and just kept out the age appropriate books and organized them on her shelf. Then I rearranged the shelves in her closet to make the toy storage more accessible. I also made sticker labels on my computer with pictures of the toys in each bin.  I did pretty much the same in my son's room. I ended up with 4 bags of stuff to get rid of between the two rooms.  I would like to go through everything again some time soon and do another purge but here are the before and afters for now.



Daughter's Closet Before

Daughter's Closet After
Picture Labels

Daughter's Books After

Daughter's Books Before

Son's Room Before


 
Organized Toys


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the article, but some disagree